The 2017 Small Young Innovator Award is now open for nominations!
The Small Young Innovator Award recognizesoutstanding, interdisciplinary scientific work in the development andfundamental understanding of nanoscience and nanotechnology by a youngscientist or engineer. The award recipient must also show exceptional promiseas a developing leader in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
The award will consist of a certificate andUSD $1,000.
· The nominee shall not have reached his/her 40th birthday bythe time the award is received.
· The award will be presented to individual investigators who have conductedinnovative interdisciplinary research demonstrating high levels of excellenceand distinction in the fields of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
· Two investigators may be selected for the award.
· The award winner will be selected on the basis of the outstanding quality,novelty and significance of the candidate’s research.
Establishment and support:
The 2017 award is supported byWiley-VCH and will be issued during the 3rd Small Science Symposium (May 14-May17, 2017), co-organized by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong KongBaptist University, and Wiley. Please check out the website for this jointsymposium at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/ap/smallscience/index.html
Nominations for the “Small YoungInnovator Award” must be submitted directly to SmallSciencesSymposium@wiley.com by 15 March 2017. Peer- and organizational- nominations are welcome, subject to the nomineeagreeing to the nomination.
The submitted nomination package mustinclude:
(1) A nomination letter (1 page)
(2) Curriculum Vitae (2-pages maximum)including birth date.
(3) List of significant publication history(2-pages maximum)
(4) Research summary statement highlightingkey research discoveries and their impact (1 page)
(5) Letters of support from two establishedscientists familiar with the nominee’s qualifications and area of research.
The decision of the award committee isfinal and no enquires will be entertained.
We look forward toreceiving your nominations by 15 March 2017.
With our best regards,
The organizing committee of Small SciencesSymposium