Lab Technician/Research Assistant Position in GTIIT MSE Program
Guangdong Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is a state-of-the-art research university (http://www.gtiit.edu.cn/en) recently established by the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa, Israel), Shantou University, the Li Ka-shing foundation and the government in Shantou, China. Technion is a world-leading institute of higher education with three Nobel laureates and remains top 50 in global research-based university rankings.
Laboratories of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) program is looking for a motivated and experienced full-time Lab Technician/Research Assistant to manage and support research labs. The laboratories are investigating dielectric and electronic materials, nanostructure and electronic component, electrochemical energy storage, powder and thick film processing, and atomic layer deposition of thin films. The group extensively leverages spectroscopy, high voltage equipment, electrical impedance spectroscopy and microscopy to characterize materials and devices.
● BS or higher degrees in Electrical Engr., Mechanical Engr., Chemical Engr.
● Two years of experience in engineering and/or chemical laboratory using technical lab
equipment, high voltage facility, furnaces, glove box and chemicals.
● Demonstrated knowledge of basic tools and simple rework, including multi-meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, vacuum oven, dry boxes, lab scale film coating, etc.
● Good knowledge of spoken and written English as well as communication skills
● Basic knowledge of Word and Excel to create documents and ability to learn new softwares.
● Operate and maintains test equipment. Identify reasons for equipment malfunction.
● Order, receive, install and adjust equipment and parts.
● Write and maintain standard operation procedures and organize laboratory supplies.
● Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks.
● Demonstrate and supervise the laboratory equipment for students and researchers.
● Support the teams in the design, development, testing, operation and inspection.
● Handle and dispose of chemicals and materials in accordance with safety protocols.
● Perform other duties assigned by professors such as drawing, guest hosting, proposals.
– Salary: Up to US$25,000 / year for 3 years
– Subsidized housing at GTIIT (1000 RMB/month)
– Health insurance: regular coverage for Chinese citizens
– Application deadline: immediately open till filled
– Send below required documents electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Resume and short statements on how you matches the selection criteria
– Three letters of recommendation
– Degree certificates with certified English translation